Becorns Episode 1: Bluebirds #Video
Becorns are a nature craft project elevated to Fine Art. Today Davud shows how he makes acorn people and photograph them with a family of Eastern Bluebirds. This is next level DIY acorn crafts, the ultimate fairy garden inspiration.
Learn more and buy art prints at: https://www.davidmbird.com
David tells us what you’ll see in this video:
• An introduction to Becorns by David M Bird: I create characters by building with acorns, sticks, pine cones, and other nature craft materials. Then I take them into the wilderness and photograph them with birds, squirrels, chipmunks, frogs, and other wildlife.
• I build a birdhouse to attract a family of Eastern Bluebirds and they build a nest inside.
• I draw/sketch out a plan for the story I want to show with my little acorn people.
• I show how to build an acorn man using DIY arts and craft techniques.
• I share what I learned about character design and storytelling as I worked as a designer for Lego Bionicle.
• The bluebirds lay eggs, the eggs hatch, and the baby bluebirds begin to grow.
• I show my photography techniques and process as mom, dad, and a juvenile bluebird fly in and out of the birdhouse with worms, grubs, and spiders to feed the baby bluebirds.
• I try to photograph the fledglings as they take their first flight from the birdhouse.
• And finally I share the end product of this crazy fairy garden acorn art project.